My first SLR camera: Nikon D40

nikon-d40-lg-187x300
Date: October 2, 2008 Categories: Photos Comments: 8 Comments Share:

I have finally bought my first SLR camera, a Nikon D40! It is the smallest and lightest and probably the cheapest SLR camera on the market and I love it.

I was looking for an affordable and good SLR camera to start learning photography on a higher level and I think I have found it. The D40 comes with a very good 18-55mm lens for nice portraits and landscape shots. I have purchased an additional 70-300mm Tamron lens, which allow me to zoom in a far distance object and create macro shots of bugs and flowers. Very sweet lens for again an affordable price.

Okay, here are some newbie shots I have made in the Shanghai Wild Animal Park from yesterday’s visit:

There are some more photos made with this camera when I was in Xi Tang a few days ago:

If you are interested in the camera, check out some good reviews here:

8 Responses to "My first SLR camera: Nikon D40"

1. Pingback: ?????????? Nikon D40 | ??? ???????? ??????

2. evgenija

April 6, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Hello! I am planning to spend a few days in Shanghai very soon and I want to by there Nikon D40. Please, tell me some address there, where I could look for the Nikon D40. Thanks!

3. waikit

September 26, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Hey Mike, what a surprise to see you posting here! Thanks for the tip, yeah I am still a newbie in photography. I am back in Holland between Oct 1-11, so cu soon

4. Mike Yau

September 17, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Cewl! ;) Try to make some shot where the object is not in the middle, that makes the picture more interesting. But a good job! Btw, when are you coming back to Holland?

5. waikit

April 22, 2009 at 11:03 am

The camera with standard lens costed me about 3000 rmb (around 300 euros)
    The zoom/macro lens was 2000 rmb (200 euros)
    I believe you can get it cheaper now.

6. Nacho

April 15, 2009 at 5:39 pm

So how much did it cost? I’m interested in buying one!

7. waikit

October 7, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Thanks Johnson! Yeah, the photos above were shot with the Tamron lens.
    Check out some more at:

8. Johnson

October 6, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Nice photos! Is that you use 70-300mm Tamron lens for shoot them?

Submit a comment