Designer Gathering Shanghai on the 3rd of July

abbeyroad-500x480
Date: June 26, 2009 Categories: Design Comments: 9 Comments Share:

If you are a foreign industrial designer in Shanghai, then you are specially invited to join the ‘Designer Gathering’ on next Friday, July the 3rd. It’s been a while that this gathering has been held. Previously organized by German industrial designers Anke and Lars, but they both left to their homeland.

Fortunately, there are 3 German (again) designers, Boris Brawer/Jonas Vollmer/Tim Richter, who have taken the initiative to continue the ‘Designer Gathering’. Thanks guys for organizing! Man, seems like German designers are ruling in Shanghai ;)

We are going to meet on:

July 3rd 2009, 7:30 pm

Abbey Road

45 Yueyang Lu, near Dongping Lu

???45??????

Oh yes, please add your comment if you want to join, as the organizers need to make reservations. I make sure that you will be put on the list of participants. And if you are local Chinese, then you are also welcome of course.

CU there!

9 Responses to "Designer Gathering Shanghai on the 3rd of July"

1. Waikit Chung

May 17, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Hey Roger, I thought you moved away from Shanghai. Well, I don’t think there are any more designer gatherings like what we had before.

2. roke van der design

May 17, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Hi Waikit , roger here, I remember that design gathering and it was both inspiring and fun. are there still design gathering nowadays?

3. whachi

July 16, 2011 at 6:18 am

I would have loved to join but I guess missed it this time! Please inform me of more gatherings to come, if there will be any! I do get very interested in designers of any kind, but especially German!
    Thanks a lot…Whachi Lee

4. Jack

February 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Hi Simon, Claire,
    I am an industrial designer originally from sydney, recently arrived in Shanghai. I am trying to reach the broader design community here, and to date have chatted with a few local IDers.
    If you receive this, send me an email, as I would love to get in touch with you!
    Cheers Jack

5. waikit

September 26, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Hi Claire, I believe you have just missed the gathering last weekend? Anyways, please send me your contact details and I will add you the designer gathering invitation list,to make sure you will get invited to the next one.

6. Claire Tay

September 21, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Hi Waikit,
    I’m looking for some forums and interactions with product designers, industrial designers, and interested to find out if Boris Brawer/Jonas Vollmer/Tim Richter will be conducting another meeting soon? If yes, please call me?

Also wondering where you are working now, and would like to chit chat with you on the design scene here in Shanghai. If you have time or interest to share some ideas on Shops/retail design, let’s add this as agenda for the next design forum?! =)

Cheers,
    Claire

7. David Xu

July 29, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Hi, Waikit!

This is David.
    I am not a designer but closely related. As well, I am not a foreigner but a Chinese. Anyway, I have great interest in ID designing and have a lot of friends acting as designers in Shanghai. I am hunger for knowing foreign designers because their innovative ideas always attract me a lot!

If there would be another Gathering, please do tell me by my email! Really appreciate!

Regards
    David

8. waikit

July 3, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Hi Simon,

Great to see someone from Shanghai leaving a message here. Please send an email to waikitchung@gmail.com and I will put you on the mailing list and you will be updated about future events. Hope to meet you some day.

Cheers,

Waikit

9. Simon Kwan

July 3, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Hi There,

I just stumbled onto your blog, and am interested to know about the industrial design community in Shanghai. I can’t make it to the event tonight, but am hoping that perhaps there is some e-mail distribution list or something I can register on so I can be notified ahead of time for the next event. I’m a product designer working for a company that supplied the travel industry. I used to be a member of IDSA back in the States, and am looking to become involved in the design community in Shanghai. Thanks for your time! – Simon

Submit a comment